Monday, June 14, 2010

10 Things Cool Mom Can't Live Without

These infant toys, baby supplies and websites make it easier for this mom to tackle her busy schedule while keeping baby happy and healthy.








1) Charlie's Soap is an all natural laundry soap made right here in the USA! One tablespoon is all you need for even a large load. It leaves clothes clean and smelling great without harsh chemicals, dyes, or perfumes. This soap rinses residue free to eliminate skin irritation and eliminates the need for fabric softener. This is the best soap for cloth diapers that I have found. For extra cleaning power, I usually use 2 tbsp on diapers.


2) Baby's Only Organic Formula by Nature's One is the only formula on the market that doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup. They use brown rice syrup instead. As a hypoglycemic mom, I have concerns about keeping my baby's blood sugar stable, but I don't need to worry with this formula.


3) Safety 1st Baby Monitor - A great value for under $20. The sound quality is good for the price. It has a long range so I can go outside or do chores on the other side of the house while he sleeps and know that I'll be able to hear him if he needs me. It works with either a 9v battery or the included adapter for use in variety of situations.


4) Winnie the Pooh Umbrella Stroller - I use mine for quick trips to the grocery store when I don't need to pack the kitchen sink. Sometimes taking a few laps around the house is the only way to make my son stop crying. He even falls asleep in it most of the time. If you do some comparison shopping, you can find them brand new for under $15.


5) Vtech Move & Crawl Ball - This brightly colored, motorized ball lights up, talks, and sings. It teaches numbers, shapes, animals, and animal sounds while keeping my son distracted so that I can wash the dishes or take much needed bathroom breaks.

6) Diapers.com - So far, this is the best place I've found for my recurring diaper and formula needs. The prices are hard to beat, and they constantly offer coupons and referral discounts. My purchases always arrive within 2-3 days of ordering, and they offer free shipping. They have a huge selection of baby and toddler products so it's easy to find those useful and necessary add-ons to meet the minimum purchase amount for free shipping.



7) Dr. Brown's Formula Mixing Pitcher - Mix up to 32 oz. of formula at once. The unique design dissolves formula quickly and breaks up clumps while introducing a minimal amount of air into the formula. When mixing formula for individual servings, I usually have to shake the bottle to make the powder dissolve faster which creates a huge amount of air bubbles and gives my baby more gas. With this pitcher, that problem is solved and I can make a whole pitcher in less time than it took me to make one bottle.


8) Avent Powder Formula Dispenser and Snack Cup - Pre-measure up to 3 servings of milk for easier travel. No scooping and measuring in the car, just twist and pour for perfectly measured servings! The dividers are removable so the dispenser doubles as a lidded snack cup for long term functionality. Having 2 or 3 of these will make road trips more convenient from infancy on.

9) Ebay.com - Save big on new and used baby and toddler items! They grow so fast that most baby supplies are like new when they stop using them. I've saved literally hundreds of dollars by buying high quality used items. When your child outgrows his or her clothes, toys, and other baby gear, you can turn around and resell them for extra cash and room and more closet space.



10) Munchkin Bottle Warmer - Takes the guess work out of warming bottles. I've used it so much that I don't even need to time it.

No comments:

Post a Comment